Mercer's uniqueness is found in how it integrates five defining components of its mission – liberal learning, professional knowledge, discovery, service to humankind and community.
The Mercer brand is rooted in a commitment to serve and a mission that instills in its graduates a passion to use their knowledge and talents to shape a better world.
Undergirding that Mercer brand is the University's reputation for:
- Educating men and women who go on to assume leadership positions in most every sector of society.
- Valuing religious and intellectual freedom.
- Integrating research and service to address some of the world's toughest problems and greatest needs.
- Strengthening communities across the globe.
- Equipping people to lead virtuous, meaningful and responsible lives.
- Embracing diversity by recognizing the dignity and worth of every person.
The Mercer Style Guide
Communicating a consistent visual representation of the Mercer brand is essential to maintaining its strength, identity, and integrity in a manner that advances the University's mission. The Mercer Style Guide provides graphic standards and tools to ensure consistency in print and online communications that reinforce the Mercer brand. The graphic standards extend to the use of all University symbols, including wordmarks, seals, signature colors, type fonts and other elements that make up Mercer's visual identity. While the standards provide flexibility for co-branding where justified and approved in advance, adherence to the Mercer Style Guide is an institutional expectation.
Questions about the style guide or University branding should be directed to the Office of Marketing Communications.